This has been a great summer of speaking and teaching. God has shown up in amazing ways. I have been totally blessed by some amazing camps and churches. I’m still at a camp as I type this. I finish up tonight speaking to 500+ Junior Highers at Thousand Pines Camp from Mariners Church. It’s been a great week. I was just listed by Parentministry.net as one of their top 24 recommended speakers in their speaker guide 2015-2016
Why Do I do this?
Why am I doing this? I love to teach and speak to students and their parents. It’s something I’ve been doing for a long time and I love it. As I have left full-time pastoral church ministry this year I’ve had the freedom to really get back to connecting with students and it has been so fun and life-giving.
When you get me you get:
- Authenticity- I’m open about my story and my life and the way God leads even in struggle.
- Someone who is culturally relevant and “gets” what the messages our students are hearing every day from culture.
- A communicator who knows how to talk to students in style and language they understand. I know how to engage them.
- A pastor who will care about your students and leaders and not just someone looking for a paycheck. This is a ministry for me and I love to connect.
- Someone who doesn’t take himself to seriously but take the message of the Gospel very seriously. I love the Bible and being involved in the faith journey of students.
- Great follow up resources to use with your students in the form of my Middle and High School Devotional Series.
Places I love to teach:
- Camps of any kind. I love the focused chunk of time with students.
- At an event or activity. I can bring a solid, fun and real message to students.
- With their parents. I wrote a parenting book that is aimed at giving simple tips and ideas for their parents to better engage with them. It’s called Bold Parenting.
- I am super flexible and have spoken on the top of houseboats, churches, large camp settings and around small fire pits.